City News & Updates
2016 Historic Preservation Awards Nominations
City of Springboro Accepting 2016 Historic Preservation Award Nominations
The City of Springboro is accepting nominations through April 11, 2016 for its annual award program that recognizes those who have helped preserve the City’s rich heritage. The program is administered by the City’s Architectural Review Board (ARB), a City Council-appointed body that promotes and protects Springboro’s historic landmarks. Nominations in two categories will be accepted:
The Jonathan Wright Award for Historic Preservation is named in honor of the city’s founder. This award honors those who have restored, rehabilitated, or otherwise preserved an important building, site, or artifact representing the history of the Springboro area, or provided long-term stewardship of such a property or artifact.
The Mayor’s Award for Preservation Leadership honors those providing leadership and service in support of historic preservation or supporting projects and activities that have substantially increased public understanding and awareness of historic preservation in the Springboro area.
Individuals, businesses, organizations, institutions and public agencies in Springboro are eligible for these awards. Anyone may submit a nomination by this year’s deadline of Monday, April 11, 2016 at 4:30 p.m. Nominations are judged under the direction of the ARB. Up to three awards may be granted annually in any combination of the two categories. Award-winners will be announced at a City Council meeting in May. The awards coincide with the National Trust for Historic Preservation annual Preservation Month program in May.
Please click to access the Nomination Form. Forms are also available at the Springboro City Building; nominations may be made by simply writing a letter explaining why the nominee should be considered for either award. Forms or letters should be sent to the City of Springboro at 320 West Central Avenue, Springboro, Ohio 45066, attention Dan Boron, ARB Staff Liaison. Nominations can also be faxed to Mr. Boron’s attention at (937) 748-0815, sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand-delivered at the City Building at 320 West Central Avenue, Springboro, Ohio 45066.
For more information regarding the preservation awards program, contact Dan Boron at (937) 748-6183.
IN THIS SECTION
- 2016 Historic Preservation Awards Nominations
- Springboro Bicycle & Pedestrian Plan
- Water & Sewer Assistance Program
- Quarterly Tax Payment Reminder
- City Building Community Room
- Prescription Discount Drug Card Program
- Download the City of Springboro App!
- Springboro Named One of the Best Suburbs in America
- Springboro Ranked #1 in Ohio For Best Cities to Live For Young Families
- Springboro Ranked #8 Safest Place to Live in Ohio by SafeWise
- Stormwater Information from EPA
- 2016 Recycling Schedule
- Mayor John Agenbroad's State of the City Address
- Springboro Named 8th Best City in Ohio for Families!
- Tax Department Hours for week of April 11-15 & April 18